Developing Buyer Persona based on Research, Analysis,
Buyers Behaviors and Overall Buyer Journey
Buyer personas are fictional people that represent your dream customer. These are the people who you are aiming to serve with your product, service or content.
Sometimes these personas are also referred to as an “Avataar”.
So, where to get started and how to define your Persona?
Before you define your Persona’s be sure to allocate resources and ensure the right person is on the job to conduct the market research as well as you reach out to your actual customer base through surveys, interviews, and more. At Measure Marketing we follow a systematic approach to developing persona’s for our clients.
So why having clearly defined buyer personas is so important?
- Once you have a defined Persona, it’ll help you understand your customers (and prospective customers) better, and make it easier for you to tailor messages, content to the specific needs, behaviours, and concerns of different types of buyers.
- You can use personas to help you improve your product or service.
- Having your personas written down and distributed within your company means that everyone on your team is talking to the same person, which creates consistency and you refrain from onboarding wrong type of clients.
- You can segment your audience more accurately and create specific, targeted content for each of your channels.
- You can train your sales team to be more effective when working on leads that fit a certain persona, as they can speak “Customer”.
- You can relocate your advertising spend to places where you know your ideal customers exist.