Position: Web Developer
Location: Milton, ON
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
About Us: We are a Digital Marketing Company, headquartered in the GTA, Canada, and targeting the mid-sized clients, we pride ourselves in getting results by generating leads and establishing succinct brands for our clients.
WHAT YOU WILL DO EVERY DAY:
- Create the website and web application using core PHP
- Create the new websites using WordPress
- Fix the bugs, technical issues of the existing website to make it easy to use
- Launch the website with a proper configuration as required
- PHP development.
- Theme/Template modification according to development required.
- Perform Website Evaluation changes on the website includes:
- SEO friendly URL re-writing
- Proper image configuration
- Rich snippets, etc.
- Configure/manage Standard stuff on the website for SEO which includes:
- .htaccess configuration
- Robots file configuration
- Sitemap file configuration
- URL re-writing, redirection
- Plug-in customization
- Manage Page load time, w3c standards
- Implement SEO on-page reports on the website
- Implement technical SEO changes to the website
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Experience in building websites with WordPress, PHP and MySQL
- Must have developed at least 5-7 websites from the ground up
- Working on an e-commerce application will be an added advantage.
- Should have expertise in PHP & familiar with any PHP framework such as Zend, CakePHP or Slim framework.
- Knowledge of Magento, OpenCart and custom CMS will be an added advantage
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Web Development
- A keen eye for the front end development is also needed
- Knowledge of modern web design techniques will be an added advantage e.g., less.js, sass.js, stylus, angular.js, etc
- Good understanding of web standards, CSS-based design, cross-browser compatibility, w3c standards
- Moderate knowledge of the responsive website, email newsletter creation
- Experience developing rich user interfaces for web applications for desktop or mobile devices
- Able to create an interactive and responsive web application
- Experience implementing, testing, and tuning the web projects
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Good written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to adapt to change in an ambiguous environment.
- Comfortable both working within an existing code base and writing code from scratch.
- Excellent problem solving, design and debugging skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work either independently or with the team.
Love for coding, with the ability to intuitively pick up and use any new language/framework.