Some people think that email marketing is dead. Many consider email marketing as old fashioned in comparison to new content marketing tools like social media platforms & mobiles.
But fortunately this is not true. In fact, with a good marketing approach, email marketing can provide you more results as compared to social media platforms or mobile marketing.
Email marketing can be a bit tricky, but by applying the right approach and using these simple tips you can take it from good to great.
- Use personalization for added attention: Always send email using the real name of the person. For example use “Dear John”, “Greetings Janet”, “Hi Jenifer” etc in the opening of the email. Speak to your readers like a good friend. Always remember that personalized messages get higher opening and click-through rates.
- Keep your subject lines short & relevant: Studies shows that subject lines with 41 characters or under get higher opening and click-through rates than longer ones. So keep it short and simple.
- Create a compelling email design: The graphical presentation of your newsletter also plays an important role in making it engaging to the readers. Use energetic colors and include a couple of images about your product/services. However, don’t overdo it because extremely fancy newsletters may be taken as spam and discarded.
- Include Only One Clear Message: If you want your reader to take action after reading your email, make sure you are giving them one clear direction to do so. Do not include other related posts, deals and links, as these will only divert the reader from what you actually want them to do.
- Structured Content: Structure your content in a hierarchical way, making the most of headers, and using short sentences and paragraphs. Also add bullet points where possible. This helps reader to quickly read the content and retrieve the useful information.
- Make your reader interested: Tell them that they are missing out a great deal or important piece of information. Ensure that your newsletter copy sends a clear message about the benefits they will get after clicking the links in the newsletter.
- Create a sense of urgency: Make sure to pass on some urgency in the newsletter copy and design. For example, add about the limited time offer or talk about special edition products, which are available for a limited time period.
- Add Clear Call To Action: Make sure your newsletter has clear Call to Action. Whether you want reader to sign-up for something or you want them to purchase any product/service from your website, make it clear. Add attractive buttons with the appropriate text on them along with other text links & links to your social profiles.
- Compatibility: Create an email newsletter, which can be easily viewed on all the available devices such as desktop, laptop, smart phones, tabs etc.
Hopefully these email-marketing tips will guide you to take your campaigns to the next level. But, with any marketing strategy, it’s all about being creative and trying new ideas and approaches whilst using data to see what works for your brand and your audience.
Have Questions? Call me at 1.888.569.3032 for a FREE consultation.