No one wants to look like they’re behind the times. You update your wardrobe, your home décor, and your car. We even update our phones every two years or so. Everyone loves a good update. After all, no one wants to be the guy dressed in the 80’s outfit while carrying a flip phone. The same mentality should be applied to your business. It’s important to know when it’s time to apply a fresh coat of paint, especially to your company’s website. In this digital age, your website is the usually first way a potential customer will learn about your business. A poorly designed website, or one that doesn’t work properly, will scare off potential customers faster than you think. And once a customer is lost, there are few second chances. No one will re-visit a website they didn’t like at a single glance, which makes it important to consistently maintain and update your website.
Think you might need a website redesign? Here are seven signs that you need to redesign your website (and one reason not to):
- It isn’t Working. Maybe the graphics aren’t appealing, or the functions aren’t working properly, or maybe your site isn’t mobile-friendly. Maybe you just haven’t updated your website in six months. Whatever the reason, if your site isn’t fulfilling its function, it’s time for a redesign. If you want to find out if your site is working for your business, simply check the number of hits, the SEO, and the success of online promotions driving customers to your products or services.
- Low Sales and Return. If your sales and client base is low or dropping, a site redesign may increase your SEO and revenue stream. In this case, look at all aspects of the site and how a redesign may help.
- Out-of-Date. Adding dates and limited time offers is good for a website because it shows that updates are regular and the site is active.On the other hand, a post that is a few months old can make your site seem abandoned, and scare off the potential customers. Your website could also offer products or services that are no longer available. Make sure the information on your website is as up-to-date as possible.
- Incorporating New Technology. Like information, technology will become outdated as well. Your website should be on the cutting edge of all technology changes and trends. This isn’t just about being trendy, some newer computers might not run your site if you are using older technology. Make sure your site is mobile-friendly and integrates social media.
- Rebranding. If you are doing a complete rebrand, then you have to undertake a site redesign for synergy purposes.
- Higher Budget. If your company is successful and you have a bigger budget, a site redesign might be in order. After all, the face of your company should change as your resources grow.
- A New Web Designer. If you’ve hired a new web designer, they might want to do a complete redesign to reflect their vision. Talk to them about your goals and vision for the website, then let them do their thing -that’s why you hired them, after all. You can always direct them to change certain elements as needed.
And one reason not to change:
- Change for the Sake of Change. Some people like to shake things up just for the sake of it. That is easy if you’re trying a new Frappuccino or changing your outfit, but redesigning your website takes time, money, and resources. A poorly-timed or unnecessary redesign could cost you money. Change it only if you feel it is necessary.
Redesigning your website can have big a (positive or negative) impact on your business. You need to be smart about your plan and bring in the experts to help you. At Measure Marketing, we will completely redesign your website to meet the needs of your business, improve your SEO, maximize your web hits, and improve your revenue stream. Serving clients in the Toronto, Burlington, and Mississauga area. Measure Marketing has been offering creative, out-of-the-box digital marketing solutions since 2008. Whether your business is customer-based or B2B, we will assist you with page design, social media management, inbound marketing, marketing automation & email, and video marketing. Contact us today and find out how we can help you.